2.26.2015

A new job!


Wow, isn't it the truth?  I mean, I just cannot quit getting new jobs, huh?  No, but really, I started with my "new company" last January and here I am in a new job the following February?  I am still at the "new company" - but I had the opportunity to apply for and transition into a new role, and I haven't looked back since.  

I'm fairly certain that I never talked about the job I took last January, because I basically took an entire year off the blog world, and I hate that I've missed so many memories, BUT, I'm back.  So to summarize, the job I took last year was working for the first boss I ever had.  He was a phenomenal boss, but our work relationship had been strained due to a few circumstances at the old company.  I went to work for someone new and stayed under that boss for 5 years, then my original first boss calls me, asks me to come and apply for a job at the "new company"  and I worked that job until this past week.  Again, great boss, good work, and I wasn't even looking for a job.  Isn't that when the best opportunities come to light?  Right when we aren't looking?  

So the new job is something completely out of my comfort zone, it is pushing the edge of sales and something I never imagined myself doing.  I figure, I  should try it out, see if I can handle it and if I like it, and trying it makes me no worse for anything.  I may fit, I may not, but if I didn't try it I'd never know.  I got a 2 grade level promotion and from what I can tell, my new boss is pretty cool.

That's where work life stands now.  Home life is pretty good and I hope to get some pictures of my precious kiddos posted soon.  Other than that?  Just another day in the life.


1 comment :

Sally said...

So proud of you! Wonder just how far you will go? The stars!!!