8.14.2014

Our Exciting Purchase.

As I've previously mentioned, we were working on something that would provide our family fun memories for lots of years.  We wanted to make a purchase that would give our family some much needed away time every once in awhile that didn't mean spending ridiculous amounts of money.  So, we invested a little bit into a small pop-up camper!  

Before we had Cooper, Tim and I had a massive travel trailer that had two slide outs and was completely unnecessary to our lives.  We had to store it at a location about 15 minutes from our house, and the inconvenience plus the cost of storage was a big deterrent from us even using the camper.  I think we only used it once or twice before we decided it would be best to sell it. 

But you see, the thing is, is that we like going camping.  I grew up going camping during the spring/summer/fall months with my family.  I think we had a travel trailer from about age 8-10 on.  I wanted my kids and our family to have this experience, and Tim agreed.  So, we searched Craigslist high and low and visited some and finally found one that was in great shape and also met our budget.  And it also had to have an air conditioner, I just find it difficult to sleep without one of those when the temps get higher than say 74 degrees........  We are storing the pop-up in our garage for now, which makes it super convenient and saves us the storage costs!!

My dad still has a camper, and my mom has one also. I remember those weekends when we'd go camping.  I just loved it.  Riding bikes around the campground with my brother, campfires where we roasted s'mores, hot dogs, and whatever else we could think of roasting, hiking with my parents, participating in the DNR programs, and much more.  My grandparents also had a camper, and I remember how fun it was to go camping with them, so I am happy that my kids will get to experience this as well.

So, we took her on a one night camping trip a couple of weekends ago, and it was a success.  We learned very quickly that we need to stock the camper up with many things that we did not think about, but we made due, and it was a good trip.  Only one issue on our way driving home, but all in all, a great test camping trip.  We are scheduled to go on a three night outing over Labor Day weekend and we couldn't be more excited!

Without further adieu, here is our new weekend fun mobile!





Do you ever go camping?  Is this something that you would ever consider?  I'm just tickled pink that we actually own this camper, it's perfect for our little family at this stage in our lives! :)

1 comment :

Shelli said...

So fun!! Does it have a potty? Ha! I am not a camper, but I've also never been! Chris and I talk about renting an rv when the kids are older and going on some trips. So fun!