8.29.2014

My Cooper

I haven't done a post in awhile about some of the quirks of my boy, but I feel like now is the time.

I've got pictures here all the way back to Easter so we're going to start with some of those, here are a few ton of my boy.

At Nana's on Easter morning doing some aster egg hunting.


At Papa's hunting the day before Easter.


At our house with "The Easter Bunny".


Being the best big brother!




Here is my big guy coloring eggs for Easter.

I took Coop and Katy to the park one day this past spring and he wanted to swing in the baby swings just like his little sis, he had such a good time.



This is the day we visited the indoor park at a local church.  He had such a good time.  He asks me if we can go back all of the time.  I've got to find some time to take him back!!



Funny pose.....


Cooper played t-ball this spring, and the boy learned quite a bit.  He had fun too, and that's the main thing at this age, exposure to the sport, and having fun! Here are some t-ball pictures of Coop.  He played for the first time this year - and he absolutely loved it.  We had to take pictures of him with everyone who came to his first game.





Here are my guys out on the field.





The whole team.



Here are some random pictures of my boy.  He was obsessed with rolling his tongue for awhile.  He had just learned to do it so he did it constantly.


In his PJs on the way to school for PJ day!


Being a catcher, as usual.



Cooper driving his car.  He loves that thing.  The battery died and we have got to get another one!



I know I've talked about what a sports fanatic Cooper is, but he's also a little smarty pants too.  His school has this program called Express Kids where the kiddos who participate go out and learn songs to help them learn topics, this past weekend, he sang a Mr. Opposite song.  It was so neat to hear the song and him singing it and know the program is teaching him through fun activities! 

♪♫ Mr. Opposite has many friends, and many friends has Mr. Opposite.  ♪♫ 
♪♫ I am one of them and so are you, so let's just sing them now, ♪♫
♪♫ Down/up down/up, ♪♫
♪♫ over/under over/under, ♪♫
♪♫ in/out in/out, ♪♫
♪♫ on/off on/off. ♪♫

Cooper is such a trooper in everything - that is not to say that he doesn't throw the biggest fits - because he does, but, in general, the kid is happy, and hilarious.  He comes up with the funniest things to say, he picks up on things in peoples voices and he is just so observant about everything.  He mimics people when they say things in funny ways and it's one of the most hilarious things that I've ever heard.  

This summer, we got a dog, and we got him mostly for Cooper.  He loves that dog so much, and even though he's not quite sure how much work the dog is, nor how to really take care of and love him (sometimes Cooper is pretty rough, so we've got to calm him down about the dog), he is doing a great job with Snickers.  



Now that it's fall, we have Cooper signed up for soccer.  He's had two practices and one game so far and he is absolutely loving it.  



I feel like there is so much to talk about with Cooper - like the fact that he's obsessed with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, even though he's never seen the movies and hasn't seen much of the "new" Nick show.  He loves the old theme song of TMNT from what I was a kid, and he loves saying cowabunga.  He even made a wish list for his birthday of all of the things that he wants.  He doesn't ever want to stop talking about the turtles and constantly wants to go buy more stuff.

the list....  with pictures even!
 Here he is showing off his new shirt....




I could go on and on, and I might in another post - but this has gotten fairly long, so I'll stop now.  Hopefully by unloading some of this stuff that's been on my mind for months, I'll get back into the routine and post more frequently!  Have a great weekend all!


2 comments :

Sally said...

He is quite the "dude"! Love him!

Michelle said...

He is adorable! New blog follower here