8.20.2009

Week 32 & Cooper's Room


Another week! 32 down, only 6-7 more to go!! I am growing like a weed; it is getting more difficult to sleep for very long on one side. I feel like a rotisserie chicken – constantly turning over during the night. That along with having to get up to pee so often makes a person pretty tired in the morning!

I had my A1C test done on Monday and it turned out good, it was 5.8 which is down a tenth of a point from last month’s test and my doctor seems to be happy with how I am doing. Finding food to eat for breakfast is becoming more and more difficult, my insulin to carb ratio is pretty low at this point, one unit of insulin to every 3 carbs that I eat. So I try to stick with lower carb foods, which is kind of difficult because I don’t want eggs and bacon – so I mostly end up eating low sugar oatmeal. It’s not too bad.

Cooper is pretty active these days, he’s kicking and moving around all of the time that I’m sitting, and this past week he’s been really good at finding one place and pushing on me pretty hard. So I in turn push back on him, and it is a neat feeling, I don’t know what part of him that I am feeling, but it’s neat to feel his body through my skin. Weird, but neat!

You can see from the pictures below that we finished up all of the painting in Cooper’s room!
We had quite a crowd over on Saturday August 15th to help us, and we are so excited about how well it turned out! Bobbie Bowser, My Mom, Shawn, Erica and Tim and I were all in that room for a majority of the day painting those monkeys and trees! WE LOVE THE ROOM!!!

Andrew worked all day on Saturday after his scrimmage tennis match and Stephanie went to help her friend Lauren move into her apartment at Ball State.

On Sunday, Erica came over and helped paint some more, and Stephanie also helped a ton with the trees! Monday night I painted his name on the wall and the closet so that we could have all of the painting done before the carpet was to be installed on Tuesday morning. Sunday was a big work day around the Johnson household… Tim and Andrew ripped up the existing carpet, took out all of the nails and were general handy-men! Then Andrew mowed the grass, such a hard worker! Stephanie worked hard too she painted a table that Tim had up in the garage and that she is now using as a bedside table. It looks really good!

Tuesday the carpet came and boy is it nice! It is so cushy and plush! IT’S WONDERFUL! The only thing about it is that it is much thicker than the carpet we previously had and so Tim is going to have to trim Stephanie’s and Cooper’s closet doors and also their bedroom doors so that they will shut!

Wednesday night we had our second child birthing class – only two more left. Next week we get to tour the hospital, which should be fun!!

Andrew has his first tennis match of the season in Lebanon today, wish him good luck!























































No comments :