4.02.2009

12 weeks

I am currently entering my 12th week of pregnancy. I am at doctor's offices more than I ever thought I could be, and know that this will only increase as time goes on!

Since I am diabetic, I am on insulin for this pregnancy and this is being monitored very closely by my diabetes doctor. My insulin needs could change from week to week and this is a new thing for me. The doctor started me on insulin when we told her that we wanted a baby. The pills I was taking cannot be taken during pregnancy. So, I had gotten pretty used to being on the same dosages of insulin and that not varying much. Now, every week something seems to change. The last few weeks, I have been on less insulin now than I was before I got pregnant. This seems strange to me. Things are going great in this area and my doctor is very pleased with my progress thus far. I visit this doctor every month – as well as have blood drawn for her monthly, so this is 2 doctor trips per month just for the diabetes.

My OB sees me once per month, which is normal. I have had 2 ultrasounds so far, and will post those pictures as soon as I can figure out the scanner at home.

Other than seeing the doctor a lot, so far, things have been going well. I have not been “morning sick” and other than a couple of times where food smells have gotten to me, I have been feeling well. TIRED, but doing well.

No comments :