5.01.2014

Advocare 10 Day Cleanse: Day 10 and Results

The 10 days are done.

First and foremost, I didn't go on this "cleanse" to lose weight, inches or anything else.  I wanted to clean up my eating.  I believe that this did help with that goal in a significant way.

The most difficult part for me was to avoid dairy.  I did miss pasta, chocolate etc, but dairy was the worst.  But I did it and I survived.  All I have to say is, thank goodness for almond milk!

The cleanse did help me lose almost 2 pounds, but the inches were the most amazing part.  I lost 14 inches around my entire body.  Now, I do believe some of that was in "bloat" but I'll take it none the less.  I seriously thought my measuring tape wasn't right this morning when I measured, but I did it twice and sure enough, 14 inches lost.

Will I do the Advocare cleanse again?  Maybe.  Maybe not.

The supplements, fiber drink and all that didn't bother me, but I wonder how much they really "helped" me.  Could I have gotten the same results by just eating clean?  I think its worth trying.

I also didn't exercise during the cleanse.  Not even one day.  So do I think I could have gotten better results from doing so, absolutely.

Overall, I'm glad I tried it, and it seemed to be successful.  If not for losing weight and inches, then for teaching me that I can indeed give up sweets, dairy, breads for 10 entire days and survive.  I honestly could probably do it for much longer.  I lost the cravings after a few days.  I want pizza yes, but I don't crave it, and would be just fine without it.

That's my overall observation.  Have you done the cleanse before?  What were your results?

3 comments :

Gina Horkey said...

I agree w/your experience. It's the boost I needed to make some changes, but likely we could've gotten the same results w/plain ol' clean eating...would we have done it, is the question;-) Awesome on 14 inches! That's more important than lbs any day!!

Shelli said...

Awesome results!!

Melanie @ 4Kottez said...

Awesome