10.04.2009

Cooper is born!!!

Cooper James Johnson was born on October 3rd, 2009. He came into this world at 10:13pm, weighing in at 6lbs, 14oz. He was 20.5 inches long.



He is an adorable baby, but then again, I'm pretty biased! Here is a link to some photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=112154&id=563493308&l=4f1ec9ef50



The induction process took a long time yesterday, we started at 7am, arriving at the hospital and starting the monitoring of baby before the pitocin could start.



Once the pitocin started, we were progressing slowly and so the doctor decided to break my water at 11:55am.



I was finally ready to start pushing at 7:40 and we (Tim, my wonderful nurse Melissa & doctor) pushed until just about 9:30 pm when Cooper's heart rate started dropping. They had me take an oxygen mask and this got his heart rate up, this happened 3 times, and finally we weren't progressing enough and the doctor decided she didn't want his heart rate dropping anymore. So at 10, we start the vaccuum delivery process. I pushed 3 more times and my baby boy was born!



We didn't move from the labor/delivery/recovery room until almost 2am. When we finally got our room service delivered and got Cooper fed one last time, it was 4am before we got to bed. We were at 22.5 hours without sleep. I'm not sure how I ever stayed up such long hours when I was a kid. Crazy!



We had many visitors yesterday and today. Many people love this young man, and we are thankful to have such great friends and family! God is good!!



We still haven't gotten much sleep, only about 3 hours since yesterday morning at 5:30, so we hope tonight will be much much better and that we get some good rest. We should be going home on Tuesday morning bright and early.

No comments :